V . 短文写作100～120个词15分30分钟
PartⅠVocabulary and Structure (25 points, 30 minutes)
Directions: There are 50 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. By 1929, Mickey Mouse was as popular ____ children as Coca Cola.
A) for B) with C) to D) in
2. When you buy anything expensive, never forget to ask for the ____ from the shop.
A) receipt B) trust C) render D) tale
3. The financial support is decided not only according to your GRE score, but also according to your ____ in college.
A) intelligence B) policy C) performance D) statement
4. Professor Smith is also the ____ of the international program office. If you have any problem when you study here, you may go to him for help.
A) detective B) president C) manager D) director
5. We do not have a ____ school in our institute. The highest degree we provide for the students is a B. A. and a B. S. .
A) graduate B) high C) grade D) continue
6. Paper clips, drawing pins and safety-pins were ____ all over the floor.
A) separated B) sprayed C) spilled D) scattered
7. I am writing ____ my mother to express her thanks for your gift.
A) in memory of B) on behalf of C) with respect to D) on account of
8. In considering men for jobs in our firm, we give ____ to those with some experience.
A) privilege B) advice C) prize D) preference
9. She is ____ a musician than her brother.
A) much of B) much as C) more of D)