I.U s e o f E n g l i s h
1. —Good-bye and thank you very much for a wonderful time. —________A______. Hope to see you again.
A. Thank you for your coming
B. Not at all
C. It was nothing
D. Never mind
2. —I’m sorry. I lost the key. —______A______
A. Well, it’s OK.
B. No, it’s all right.
C. You are welcome.
D. You are wrong.
3. —I’m so sorry for stepping on your foot.— _____A_______.
??? A. That’s all right?????? ??? B. No, it’s my fault
??? C. You didn’t hurt me at a ll ??? D. Yes, don’t worry about it
4. —Paul, ____B________? —Oh, that’s my father! And beside him, my mother.
A. what is the person over there
B. who’s talking over there
C. what are they doing
D. which is that
5. —Could I speak to Don Watkins, please? —________C____
A. I’m listening
B. Oh, how are you?
C. Speaking, please.
D. I’m Don.
6. — Would you rather come on Friday or Saturday? — _______D_____?????
??? A. Yes, of course.?????????? B. The other is better. C. What’s the matter???????D. Either would suit me.
7. —Would you mind if I turned the radio up？—_______B______.
A. Yes, please
B. No, go ahead
C. No, thank you
D. Yes, that’ll be right
8. —_____C_______ —He teaches physics in a school.
A. What does your father want to do?
B. Who is your father?
C. What is your father?
D. Where is your father now?
9. — I wonder what the weather will be like tomorrow. — _____D_______?
??? A. I don’t like the weather at this time of the year.
??? B. I don’t mind if it is going to rain tomorrow.
??? C. Why read the newspaper yourself?
??? D. Let’s listen to the weather report on the radio at ten.
10. —Why didn’t you come to my birthday party yesterday?—_____D_______
A. Excuse me, my friend sent me a flower.
B. Fine, I never go to birthday parties.
C. Ha…ha, I don’t like birthday parties.
D. Sorry, but my wife had a car accident
11. —Thank you for inviting me. —_______D_____
A. I really had a happy time.
B. Oh, it’s too late
C. Oh, so slowly?
D. Thank you for coming
12. — _____C_______. —It’s nothing to worry about. I never liked it anyway.
A. I lost my walkman this morning
B. I feel awful. I’ve got a cold
C. I feel terrible, but I’ve left your tape somewh ere
D. I’m sorry, but we don’t have that medicine
13. —We are going to London for holiday next week. Would you mind taking care of my garden while we’re away？
—Not at all. ______C______.
A. Sorry, I have no time
B. I’d rather not
C. With pleasure
D. No, I wouldn’t
14. —_______B_____ —Well, they got there last Wednesday. So about a week.
A. When did your parents arrive at Paris?