16. Steve lives in European country, and he teaches in ______ university there.
A. an; an
17. Tom’s sweater is much newer than _______ . And it is also more expensive.
18. We do not want a trade war, but we are not afraid of fighting ______.
19.If I leave my house at 9 o’clock and drive to the airport, I’ll arrive at about 11. So it’s about two
____________ drive from my house to the airport.
20. —Are you feeling any better now?—No. I have taken some medicine, but it just doesn’t _______.
21. Cathy checked her paper ______ so that she could get good grades this time.
B. enough carefully
C. careful enough
22. The government of China_______ the idea of A Belt and A Road in 2013.
A. cheered up
B. came up with
C. put up
23. — You have a new car.— Y es, I it for less than one month.
A. have had
24. —Would you like to go to the city park?
—I’m not sure. If Mark doesn’t, .
A. neither do I
B. neither will I
C. neither I will
25. —Excuse me, could you tell me ?—It’s just two kilometers.
A. how far is it from here to the bank
B. how I could get to the nearest bank
C. how far it is from here to the bank
maybe it's 26 hard to tell someone that you are feeling sad or worried. If you think you are too shy and want to be a little braver than before, just try the following things.
Talk with your dad or mom who 27 a lot about you, you may feel much better. Don' t forget your parents have more experience, and are always there to help you. But sometimes the 28 between parents and children is also a problem. So if you don't want to talk with your father or mother, what should you do? It's better to find another you trust to talk to, 29 a teacher or a friend. This helps you feel more comfortable.
Once you know who you can talk to, you should choose when and where to talk. If you think it's difficult for you to say what you think,write it down on a piece of paper. Perhaps it's more 30 .